DYING TO LIVE Wisconsin Hunger Strike 65th day, Prisoners Justice Day Aug 10th, Nationwide (U.S.)Work Stoppage Sept 9thLeave a comment
August 11, 2016 by socialaction2014
DYING TO LIVE Hunger Strike Continues
The Dying to Live Hunger Strike in Wisconsin has gone on for 65 days! Strikers demand an end to indefinite solitary confinement, what the Wisconsin Department of Corrections (WI DOC) calls Administrative Confinement (AC). On June 17 the DOC requested and got approval to force feed the hunger striking prisoners. Cesar DeLeon and LaRon McKinley beganrefusing food on June 7, and the WI DOC has been force feeding them in retaliation since June 17.
A coalition of supporters led by Milwaukee IWW Incarcerated Workers Organizing Committee are mounting a big solidarity demo on Aug 13th and calling for support actions elsewhere. Read about that here.
- SIX HUMANITARIAN DEMANDS:http://solitarytorture.blogspot.com/2016/06/demands-of-food-refusers-june-2016.html
- PHSS STATEMENT OF SOLIDARITY: http://wp.me/p1BB1k-2Lo
- STAY UPDATED: http://solitarytorture.blogspot.com/
- STATEMENTS FROM PRISONERS striking since June 7
- ARTICLE ABOUT FORCE-FEEDING: http://tinyurl.com/h4dufme
- SIGN PETITION! https://www.change.org/p/wi-doc-secretary-jon-litscher-waupun-prisoners-begin-food-refusal-to-protest-solitary-torture
- FOR QUESTIONS, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
View original post 578 more words