March 12, 2016 by socialaction2014
A letter a day to number 10. No 1,370
Sunday 13 March 2016. The war of the innocents in Tory Britain.
Shares are encouraged and welcomed. If this letter speaks for you and you wish to send your own copy please feel free to use it and alter it for your own needs for your own letter.
Website updated daily, letters and replies plus bonus material featuring Mr Suggs, Eeyore and Ribbit.
Also on the website, download the support compilation three album set from Atona.
The letters with links are also available at ‘Fear and loathing in Great Britain’ https://creatorsnotconsumers.wordpress.com/
Dear Mr Cameron,
In Britain today it is clear that if people are poor, young, elderly, sick, disabled or just plain ordinary they no longer have a place in this country, they no longer have a place in life.
This is Tory orthodoxy, those who cannot be exploited as labour are superfluous to requirements. It’s a central tenet of Tory faith held with all the conviction of the most rabid religious zealotry.
According to Iain Duncan Smith, work makes you well, work makes you free, work is like a health treatment, he also claims that ‘75% of all of those who have been sanctioned all say it helped them suddenly focus and get on’.
All cuts are really sanctions in your economic miracle of work and the demolition of the state. If people can’t, don’t or won’t get with the Tory programme they can die. I’m guessing that within the 25% of those who didn’t say that sanctions helped them are those who are now dead.
Little did we realise the full magnitude of your saying, “For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens ‘as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone.” Just for once you were telling the truth and what a truth that turned out to be. We are being hounded from the cradle to the grave, confused and confounded by Tory Newspeak, the unwilling recipients of George Osborne’s long term economic plan and the beneficiaries of your holy cause of ‘permanent austerity’.
As the architects of austerity you are the enemies of the people, the bane of Britain, the enemy within, the cause which must be brought down through positive action by the people, for the people.
This is a war of the innocents against the stealer’s of the nations wealth and health, lining the pockets of the few at the expense of the many. In May 2015 the Independent reported that the Equality Trust found that, ‘the majority of the UK population (66 per cent) hold no positive financial assets at all – with the combined £9trn held privately in the UK spread between the remaining 34 per cent’. Britain is not broke, it’s broken, that is a matter of policy, not accident and innocent people, including 3.7 million children in poverty, guilty of no wrong doing what so ever, are paying with their lives and well being.